We’ve started gearing up for another great swim season…
You don’t want to miss it!!
We had two successful information sessions. Below is the handout from the sessions. Please feel free to share with neighbors who may not have been able to attend.
We are planning on having team T-shirts again. They will be a different color and will be included in the registration cost. We are looking to cover the expense of the T-shirts by asking for support from local businesses. That is where you come in!!
We’re looking to all of you to spread the word – if you have a business, know someone who does, or have a good relationship with a business, please consider helping. We are looking for 10 businesses to sponsor our team. Their business logo would go on the back of our team t-shirts for a cost of $100. We are only trying to cover the cost of the t-shirts.
If you are interested, or know someone who is interested, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
CV Swim Team Chair
Charleston Village Swim Team: Information
- 2014 will be our 8th Season:
- Returning Coaches: Thomas Schmedding and Carolyn Cuany
- 85 – 100 swimmers
- Swim in the Tarheel Swimming Association (TSA)
- Why be part of the Swim Team?
- Great Exercise/Improve Swimming techniques
- Team building/ Community Spirit
- Development of Good Sportsmanship
- Age groups
- 6 and under practice 6:00 – 6:30pm able to swim 15 meters unassisted
- 7-10yr olds practice 6:30 – 7:15pm able to swim one length of pool 25 meters)
- 11-18yr olds practice 7:15 – 8:00pm able to swim 2 lengths of pool (50 meters)
- Registration April 26th 1-4 pm
- Kastaways swim wear will be onsite 2-4 pm
- Swim suits are strongly suggested but not required
- $95 for First Child, $85 for each additional siblings- includes Team T-Shirt and Swim cap
- Kickoff Party May 15th
- Week of May 19th Evening practices begin Monday – Thursday and a Saturday Morning practice
- Morning practices are added in mid June 2-3 times per week 7:30 – 8:30am M, T, and TH
- Mock meet June 10th
- 6 meets on consecutive Tuesdays – 3 home, 3 away – June 17 and 24, and July 1, 8, 15, & 22
- Meets usually begin at 6pm – warm-ups begin at 5:00 or 5:30pm, depending on home or away
- Encourage swimmers to participate in either Cary City Meet or TSA meet
- Volunteers Required:
- A volunteer from your family is needed to help with most meets
- Examples include: Set up, clean up, timers, kid pushers, concessions
- Sign up at registration and throughout season
- Do you have a business or know of someone with a business that would like to support the team? (Business Logo on our T-Shirts)
- Banquet at end of season with participation medals and various awards