I have lots to fill you in on, so please read all the way to the end of this post! 🙂
Hope you all were able to make the registration this past Sun., but if not, no worries! You can still register online at http://www.cvswimteam.org/registration/ Then you can put your check in the mailbox at 2009 Ironsides Ln. Also, please remember to sign up for a volunteer position for each meet, away and home. We need everyone’s help to make our meets possible! Thanks!
We are so excited about our new Head Coach Matthew Jaynes, and our new Assistant Coach Anna Warren. We think they are going to be great coaches and we are looking forward to a fun season with them.
We are still looking for Junior Coaches though. Candidates need to be 15 years or older, should be highly skilled in all 4 swim strokes, and enjoy working with children.
A position on the Swim Board has become open! We are in need of a Treasurer. Please contact us if you would be interested and have any questions about what it would entail. But as with every board position, we help each other. There is always someone available to answer any questions. That being said, there are still other open positions on the board, Fundraising Coordinator and Social Coordinator.
The Charleston Village Crocs Swim Team is now accepting 2018 sponsorships!! So if you own your own business and would like to advertise by sponsoring us this season, we’d love to put your name on our t-shirts!! For more information or to sponsor our team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I think that’s all for now! Whew!
Michelle (Communications Coordinator)
Just a friendly reminder, that THIS Sun. is registration for our 2018 Swim Season!! From 12:00 – 3:00 pm at our Clubhouse! Come meet our new Head Coach too!!
- All American Swim will be there from 1-2:30 for those that may need a swimsuit fitting and/or would like to purchase a new suit.
- We will have a picture of the new swim suits (same colors as last yr. So if your child still fits in last years, they are able to wear that one)
- Registration will be open online if you want to register before hand, but we will have computers available that day as well. http://www.cvswimteam.org/registration/
- Paying for swim season (checks only please)
- Requirement – Parents sign up for at least 1 volunteer position for each meet (home or away) – Sign-ups are available online at http://www.cvswimteam.org/volunteer-signup/
Looking forward to a fun swim season with you all!! GO CROCODILES!!!!
It’s getting close to registration for our 2018 CV Swim Season!! Hope you all got our flyer, and saved some dates! 🙂 We will be having the first Informational Meeting THIS Wed. April 11th at 7-8:00 pm and again on Sun. April 15th from 1:00 – 2:00 pm. Both at our CV clubhouse! We encourage all swim team members returning and new to attend this meeting prior to registering your swimmer this year.
- You will be provided an overview of what skills 4-6 yr. olds needs to join the team
- Gain an understanding of the Tarheel Swim Association guidelines
- Get a schedule of our 2018 Swim Meet dates (Mock Meet, home and away Meets and Cary City Meet, and a possible Durham Bulls night)
- Cost per child and prices of swim suits (if purchased)
- Volunteer sign up for all the Meets ( http://www.cvswimteam.org/meet-volunteers/ )
Also save the date…. SWIM TEAM REGISTRATION APRIL 22nd (12-3 pm) AT the CLUBHOUSE
Hope to see you all there!!
Michelle Walker (Communications Chair)
YES, your Swim Team Board is already thinking of this next swim season!! We are needing our swim parents to seriously consider volunteering for some positions that need filling!
- Vice Chair
- TSA Rep
- and other positions (based on interest of board members)
Unfortunately, our Chair and Vice Chair will not be returning this year. If we don’t fill those positions by 2/28, we may NOT have a swim team this year! So PLEASE let us know ASAP if you would even consider it. They are positions that the other board members would gladly help out on, so it would be a team effort, with lots of helping hands!
Michelle Walker (Communications Coordinator)
1. If you own a pop up tent of some sort, you may want to bring it to the banquet on Sun.!! That field in front of the clubhouse doesn’t have much shade and it’s going to be really hot this weekend!
2. Please begin to consider joining us on the board for 2018 swim season!! There are 3 positions that haven’t been filled in a couple of years, secretary, social coordinator, and fundraiser chair. (some of these positions could be done with 2 people) And some main board positions that will be opening back up. Please feel free to ask any of us what each position entails, or either go on our website where there are good descriptions of each position there. We can’t have a swim team if some of these positions don’t fill up, so we’d love to have some of you join us on the board!! 🙂
Looking forward to seeing you all for our last gathering this season on Sun!! What a fast and fun swim season it has been!!