Hello Crocodile Families,
I hope everyone is looking forward to swim season! Due to the bad weather we have had (soggy grass) and the potential for even more rain Sunday when our potluck is scheduled we have decided to CHANGE the Pot Luck to a Meet and Greet for the coaches and meet other swim families. The NEW time will be 6:30pm-8pm. This will avoid a sit down meal because there is not enough room inside the clubhouse for that. We will provide light refreshments and if you would like to bring a desert to share that is fine. Families can come and go as they please and if the weather does turn out to be nice kids will be able to play outside.
We are looking forward to a great swim season!
CV Swim Chair
Just wanted to send out some quick reminders!
- POT LUCK DINNER is this Sun! 5-20 from 5:00-8:00 Looking forward to seeing everyone there! Look at my previous post to see what each family needs to bring!
- PRACTICE will begin on Mon. the 21st. Please check the website for when your child per age group will practice. http://www.cvswimteam.org/practice-schedule/
- We have some very important OPEN positions on our Swim Board that we would really love to fill before we start our season! Treasurer, Concessions coordinator! And we still have Fundraising, and Social Coordinator available as well. We’d love to chat about these positions if anyone has questions. There is no experience required.
Hope you all had a great Mother’s Day weekend, and are ready to jump into swim season??? I know we are!
We have our Welcome Back Potluck Dinner is next Sun. (May 20th) from 5:00-8:00 at our CV Clubhouse. We ask that each family bring an entree or side AND a dessert to share. We will be sitting and eating on the grass in front of the clubhouse so you may want to bring chairs or blankets to sit on. We will provide water and lemonade! Remember if you are at the pool before the pot luck dinner, we ask that you are completely dry before entering the clubhouse. We look forward to our first get together with you all!! Should be a fun evening!
Next Mon. the 21st is our first official swim practice! Times are listed on our website. http://www.cvswimteam.org/practice-schedule/ But please note…times may adjust slightly if the coaches think it’s better for the kids.
Also if you have not registered yet, or haven’t payed, please do so soon! If we haven’t received your registration by end of today (5-14) we can not guarantee we can get your t-shirt. http://www.cvswimteam.org/registration/ You can put your check in the mailbox at 2009 Ironsides Ln.
Don’t forget to bring your “drinks for donations” to be sold at our concessions table. All the money made from these goes directly back to the swim team. Here is what we are asking you all to bring in…
~ Families with last names beginning A-H are asked to bring a case of 16 oz. Water bottles.
~ Families with last names beginning J-O are asked to bring a case of cans please (Coke or Pepsi brand products only please).
~ Families with the last names beginning P-Z are asked to a 12 pack or larger of Gatorade (12 oz bottles please).
Michelle (Communications Coordinator)
I have lots to fill you in on, so please read all the way to the end of this post! 🙂
Hope you all were able to make the registration this past Sun., but if not, no worries! You can still register online at http://www.cvswimteam.org/registration/ Then you can put your check in the mailbox at 2009 Ironsides Ln. Also, please remember to sign up for a volunteer position for each meet, away and home. We need everyone’s help to make our meets possible! Thanks!
We are so excited about our new Head Coach Matthew Jaynes, and our new Assistant Coach Jordan Peeler. We think they are going to be great coaches and we are looking forward to a fun season with them.
We are still looking for Junior Coaches though. Candidates need to be 15 years or older, should be highly skilled in all 4 swim strokes, and enjoy working with children.
A position on the Swim Board has become open! We are in need of a Treasurer. Please contact us if you would be interested and have any questions about what it would entail. But as with every board position, we help each other. There is always someone available to answer any questions. That being said, there are still other open positions on the board, Fundraising Coordinator and Social Coordinator.
The Charleston Village Crocs Swim Team is now accepting 2018 sponsorships!! So if you own your own business and would like to advertise by sponsoring us this season, we’d love to put your name on our t-shirts!! For more information or to sponsor our team, please contact us at email@example.com.
I think that’s all for now! Whew!
Michelle (Communications Coordinator)
Just a friendly reminder, that THIS Sun. is registration for our 2018 Swim Season!! From 12:00 – 3:00 pm at our Clubhouse! Come meet our new Head Coach too!!
- All American Swim will be there from 1-2:30 for those that may need a swimsuit fitting and/or would like to purchase a new suit.
- We will have a picture of the new swim suits (same colors as last yr. So if your child still fits in last years, they are able to wear that one)
- Registration will be open online if you want to register before hand, but we will have computers available that day as well. http://www.cvswimteam.org/registration/
- Paying for swim season (checks only please)
- Requirement – Parents sign up for at least 1 volunteer position for each meet (home or away) – Sign-ups are available online at http://www.cvswimteam.org/volunteer-signup/
Looking forward to a fun swim season with you all!! GO CROCODILES!!!!